The nominating committee for the Walter L. Hurd Foundation and the Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) has selected Mr Atul Temurnikar, Chairman and Co-Founder, Global Schools Foundation and Mr B G Shenoy, Director, Global Centre for Education Excellence to receive the prestigious Walter L. Hurd Executive Medal for 2014. The medal will be presented at APQO’s annual conference on November 23, 2014 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Walter L. Hurd Executive Medal is presented annually to an executive (president, CEO, principal, owner, or senior vice president of a major corporation) who has demonstrated exceptional adherence to quality principles and provide leadership in the quality movement, both within his/her organization and outside of that organization. This individual must be an excellent role model for executives throughout the Pacific Rim nations, with an excellent personal reputation and a high degree of integrity.
The Foundation is named after Walter L. Hurd to honour his many contributions and continuous interest in furthering the quality movement in the Americas, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Recipients of the Walter L. Hurd Executive Medal are role models for other business leaders to follow. Previous winners of this distinguished award include:
- Dr Toyoda, CEO of Toyota
- Tan Pheng Hock, President/CEO, Singapore Technologies, Singapore
- Horst Schulze, President, Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, USA
- Mr Zhenghuan Song, Goodbaby International, China
- Lt General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, UAE
- Sister Mary Jean Ryan, SSM Heath Care, USA
- Ko Nishimura, Chief Executive Officer, Solectron, USA,
- Feliciano Torres, President, Yazaki-Torres Manufacturing, Philippines
- Stuart Young, President, Interlock, New Zealand
- Takanori Yoneyama, President of Konica, Japan
- Ambrish K. Maheshwari, President, Thai Acrylic Fibre Co, Ltd.
- Mr Yuan Xing, Chairman, Alcatel Shanghai Bell Company Limited, Shanghai
- Dr Alfredo Elias Ayub, General Director of the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), Mexico